- Preliminary Application - $195
- Birth Certificate - $15
- I don't know if I should include this, but I really only ordered it for the purpose of adoption)
- Background Checks - $150
- Fingerprinting Fee - $60
- SRS Background checks - $30
- Copays for physical from doctor - $140
- $30 each for Matt and me.
- $25 for Lexi.
- $55 for my sister (she is uninsured at the moment).
- Homestudy - $1000 (paid when we wanted the homestudy packet)
- Social Worker's travel expenses - $25 (paid to social worker at homestudy visit)
- Profile completion -$395 (paid when we sent in our pictures for the profile)
- Activation fee- $2000 (paid at time of activation)
- Maximum Match fee - $20,000 (will be paid within 48 hours of match)
- This was a fee we chose within a range of $16,000-24,000 for the AA program
- Travel Expenses - ????
- We will not know this until we know where the birthmother who chooses us is from
- Post-Placement Report - $150-250
- This may or may not be necessary depending on the circumstances
- It is $150 for phone visits and $250 for home visits
- Our social worker told us that the max number of visits is 6 (3 home and 3 phone), but the number all depends on the laws in the state the baby is born in.
Sunday, February 13, 2011
I know this is something that I researched a lot while we were in "research-mode." It seems the numbers vary widely from family to family, but I'll keep track of our expenses here. These costs are all for the Agency-Assisted program.