Thursday, June 30, 2011

How is the lactation inducing going?

I've had this question a few times, so I should probably update.  I was getting about an ounce a day, and then I ran out of domperidone.  My supply went down to basically nothing.  I went to my doctor and asked if he would write a prescription so I could order it quicker from Canada, and he would not write the prescription.

So, I ordered from overseas and it took about 3 weeks for me to get it.  I actually got my new shipment on the day we got the call about our match.  What timing!

So, I started meds again about two weeks ago now and I'm getting a little more milk each day. Right now, about three days worth of pumping equals one ounce, but I'm expecting that to improve.  I am pumping as frequently as I can, but the ideal would be to pump every three hours (or so I've been told).

My pump also let me down (and not in the good way).  Apparently if the diaphragm cracks on a Medela Pump in Style, your pump is dead.  Sad.  So, I've rented a hospital pump for $55 a month.  A friend mailed her pump to me as well and I just got it yesterday.  I'm hoping it still has some life left in it.

Just because blog posts are more interesting with pictures, here is what I take everyday. This is just my "regular" vitamins: a multivitamin, Mammary PMG (a supplement for breast health), Prolamine Iodine, Chlorella, Calcium/Magnesium/D3, and Krill oil.


This is my lactation herb/med supply for one week.  I take 3 fenugreek, 3 blessed thistle, & 4 Domper-M (up from 3). I take all of that three times a day.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, thats a lot of pills. I'm sure it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My SIL takes the same thing (from Canada) for gut motility. We were teasing her about the lactation side effect b/c she could use a little plumpness in that area ;)

    ReplyDelete