Thursday, July 29, 2010

Clarity with the light of day

As I expected, I did not sleep well last night. What surprised me was that Lexi didn't either. She tossed and turned and woke up crying, which is so unlike her. She woke up this morning and asked, "Why don't we have the child we talked about last night?" Sigh. My gentle, connected, emotional, sensitive and amazing child. You are already so connected to a child that we've only dreamed about. I love you.

When I can't sleep, I pray. I pray for all kinds of things, but obviously the adoption process was forefront on my mind. I feel more at peace that God has already designed a path for us to find the child that He knows will be a part of our family.

A dear friend sent me this verse: "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I know the truth of that verse because I have lived it.

One of the other verses I am meditating on is this: "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Matthew 6:34

So, after my prayer and meditation, I know that I was a bit melodramatic. I'll get over myself. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment