Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Is this a sign?

I've been praying for guidance, and I'm really trying not to over-think things. That's not easy for me, because I tend to over-analyze and take my time making decisions. I was thinking that if we adopted an older child from Korea (or any other country really) that they may already speak the language (Hangul) and it would ease the transition if I learned more of the language. My current knowledge of Hangul is basically "yeoboseyo" (hello) and "kam-sa-ham-ni-da" (thank you). I remember a few other words from our time in Korea, but that is about it.

For anyone reading this who doesn't know, I am a chiropractor. I work in a small office with one other doctor (who does not speak Hangul). Today, an Asian man walked into the office and asked for the doctor who speaks Korean. Our CA (chiropractic assistant) told him that we did not have a doctor who speaks Korean. He asked again, stating that he heard there was a doctor here who speaks Korean. Our CA again said that neither of the doctors speak Korean. The man left and seemed confused. I don't know of any doctors in the area who speak Korean.

So, what do you think: sign, coincidence, both? I'm a big believer in signs from above.

1 comment:

  1. I love it that you are so open to signs from God. I think we should all be more open to such things. We are struggling with my MIL right now. She always says God will provide and help her, but she is so reluctant to accept the things he is OBVIOUSLY trying to provide for her. Its hard.

    ReplyDelete