I do occasionally go look at all of the waiting families on our agency's site. Today I decided to run some stats.
Out of 238 waiting families:
- 26% are open to Biracial babies (Caucasian & African American)
- 21.4% are open to Hispanic babies
- 20.6% are open to all races (meaning a child of multiple races - Caucasian, African American, Native American, Hispanic, & Asian)
- 17.6% are open to African American babies
- 16.8% are open to Native American babies
- 3.8% are in the same situation as we are (Open to any race, Christian, Caucasian themselves, and have one child)
I know that some people who are already in transracial adoptions may read my blog and think that I am naive about all of the intricacies of transracial adoption. They may be right, but we are willing to face any issues that may arise with love and respect.
I came across this video on Dr. Wayne Dyer's facebook page. I heard him speak in January and I was so moved. He is inspirational. This video encompasses how I feel about people. There are still times when our differences are apparent and need to be addressed, but we are all ONE. We are all the human race.