Saturday, May 7, 2011

Relactation Update

I posted my protocol in an earlier post. I did start the protocol on April 13. I had to slow down on the domperidone dosage because it was causing some bowel issues. I'll just leave it at that, and try not to over-share. I slowly built back up on the dosage and that helped relieve the side effects.

On April 24, I got my first precious drops of breastmilk.  I have been getting a little more milk as each day goes on.  In the morning, I'll typically get about 1/4 of an ounce.  Each other pumping session throughout the day yields about 1/8 of an ounce or a little less.

I am incredibly encouraged by how well this is going.  I had read that some people took up to six weeks to see any milk at all, and I saw my first milk in eleven days.  I picture myself having a full supply to feed our precious newborn, whenever that baby might enter our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment