Sunday, May 1, 2011

What's going on?

We've only been active for a little over a week, and the only time I've been particularly anxious was when I saw the agency's number pop up on my phone.  I think I may have stopped breathing for a moment.  Alas, it was just the video guy asking us to check something on the camera.

Many people have asked us if we have heard anything yet, and the answer is no.  I feel really at peace about it.  I know that we will have a successful match when it is meant to happen.

So, in the mean time, we are tackling some of the household projects that we needed to finish.  We cleaned out the garage and reorganized Lexi's closet and playroom.

I've also decided that this baby needs more crocheted items.  I've made a couple more hats and a few cocoons to use for photo ops after we have our baby.

I got a free pattern from this blog for a cocoon:

Lexi's Cabbage Patch doll modeled for me.
 I also got this munchkin hat pattern from her site, but I changed it a bit because I prefer working in continuous rounds and I didn't do the stripes.  I'm not sure that I love how it turned out, but it's finished and ready for a photo atop a baby head.
 I made another cocoon without a real pattern here, but I didn't get my Cabbage Patch model in it yet.
 I had just enough of that adorable yarn left to make a little baby hat too.


1 comment:

  1. Cute stuff! I've been served crocheted pizza several times recently :) I may have to hit you up for a few more toppings...all we have left is a few lonely "peppers"! I am looking forward to seeing a real baby in those cocoons sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete