Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Four Whole Weeks!

Jayvan is four weeks old today.  I can't believe the time has flown so quickly, yet he feels like he's been a part of our family for so long.  I find myself being more joyful than I have ever been in my life.  So many people have told me that I have that new mom glow even though I don't have the postpartum hormones to blame it on.  Jayvan came to visit me in the office for a bit this morning. My camera is still being repaired, so here are some lovely webcam shots for you.


Mid-morning is definitely the time to see his beautiful brown eyes.   He is a happy boy as long as you aren't bathing him or changing him.  We cannot believe how blessed we are.

A lot of people have asked about our contact with the birthfamily.  We talk to them and skype with them every few days.  We have left it totally up to them.  Jayvan's birthmom (B) has had some health issues and we would appreciate any and all prayers for her.  She is a wonderful woman and we want her to be healthy and happy.  We cannot imagine a better relationship with the birthfamily and we hope to see it only grow and develop more deeply.  As Matt said, "We went to Virginia to get a baby, and we ended up getting an extended family."

Four weeks. . . wow.

1 comment:

  1. So precious! Glad you have a good relationship with B.

    ReplyDelete